Over the course of the last month, I have had a lot of things that I have felt like blogging about but then in the end, I just forget about them. I should use this space more often to jot my feelings and thoughts down on, but instead it has become more of a “when I have time” thing and that isn’t right.
Things are going well.
- I have a job that I love in this difficult economy.
- I am still playing hockey. Its been over 5 weeks of pain free hockey actually since I went to the specialist and had gel injected in my knees. Its the most liberating feeling knowing that I will be able to do what I love to do.
- I am still working on my MBA classes. At this rate, I won’t graduate until 2013, but I am fine with that. I have so much to keep me busy that graduating is really far down on my list of urgent things to accomplish.
- I am really looking forward to reffing again in October. I think I found something that I really love doing and I can’t wait to take on another season on the ice and ref more kids games. This year, I can do more higher level games provided I pass my level 2 certification. With a little dedication, I will make it.
- In what time I have left, I am really enjoying playing a few games I have bought and spending time learning about new technology. I guess i am a geek at heart.
I just wish hockey has been more kind to my teams that I am on. Who Cares is sitting with a 1-4 record, and the record does not reflect how we have been playing. We have lost 3 1-goal games and 1 2-goal game. We lost to the Phantoms on Wednesday 1-0. If we could find the back of the net, we would be in great shape. As it turns out, unless we have a strong 2nd half of the season, we could be watching the playoffs instead of in them.
Marketlab has been doing well sitting on a 4-1 record. We had a tough loss on Thursday to the defending champions, but we were lacking a few players that normally play with us. We will do better against them next time.
With so many great things happening right now, its hard for me to say that I am disappointed about something, but I am. If I am disappointed about anything, its how I have struggled in games that count. As I have gotten older, I have learned that I don’t move as fast as I used to. I also know that I should be playing more to my level. This might possibly be my last season in the top Thursday division. Sure, my team is 4-1, but when our best players leave, I might have no choice but to move down which may kill my team in the process. I don’t know what will happen, but with 5 weeks left plus playoffs, I am looking at this as my last shot in the Thursday intermediate/advanced division to get something out of it.