I had many goals set for myself this coming year. I thought I would go through each one of them and set new ones.
1. Achieve 25 rollerhockey championships. At the beginning of the year I had 23, so I thought that 25 was going to be obtainable. As it turns out, I now have 27 which is far more than I ever could have thought possible.
2. Win my very first ice hockey championship. This did not come true, not even close. I really missed my opportunity in 2008 when I laid an egg in the finals. Maybe this year will be different.
3. Get one year closer to my MBA degree. One year closer, but still not scheduled to graduate until 2011 or so.
4. Keep up with technology. Achieved and still working on it.
5. Get plenty of sleep every night. Achieved for the most part. I need to get to bed sooner every now and again, but I am achieving my goal.
6. Never forget your friends and family. Achieved and still working on it.
7. Take good care of my knees. Achieved, but I really need to decrease my playtime a bit. I just love hockey so much.
Now I set my new goals for this year. As normal, I will set my goals high.
1. Achieve 30 rollerhockey championships. This is going to be much harder than winning 2 to get to 25 last year. The issue here is that I am not fielding teams to win championships alone. In the twilight of my playing days, I want to play with my friends. I have no interest in playing to win championships anymore. If the championships come, they will be by luck, not by design. Still, I have a good shot at getting 28 in January, so I am hoping I get lucky this coming year.
2. Win my very first ice hockey championship. I don’t know how I am going to get there, but I won’t get there unless I keep playing and working hard.
3. Get one year closer to my MBA degree. Target graduation in 2011-2012.
4. Keep up with technology. Same as last year. I have to keep up with the new tech that comes out and be tech savvy.
5. Get plenty of sleep every night. 7 hours minimum is important for my health.
6. Never forget your friends and family. Same as last year, but I will be improving that.
7. Take good care of my knees. I may actually reduce my playtime this coming year.
8. Hang out more with my friends when I can. I have to make a push to go out more with the friends that I have. I have shunned them in the past and that isn’t a good thing. When given the opportunity to hang with them, I am going to do it.
9. Improve my skating. This leads into being a better referee. One thing that I got hit with this year was my average skating. I want to do more travel games next year and the only way I am going to get those games is to get out there and keep skating. I plan on attending power skating clinics and/or acceleration skating program. I want to be a 100% better skater next year.
10. Improve my refereeing. I have come a long way this year, but next year I want to be even better than I was this year at reffing.
11. Achieve level 2 refereeing certification. I should be able to get there next year with some studying and hard work on the ice.
Have a great new year!