I have thought long and hard about what my goals are going to be next year. Here they are in no particular order….
1. Achieve 25 rollerhockey championships. This one should be very obtainable. I sit at 23 right now, and with 4 playoffs coming up this year, I should be able to get through and win 2 more by the end of the year.
2. Win my very first ice hockey championship. This is going to take a lot of hard work, but I intend to achieve this goal this year.
3. Get one year closer to my MBA degree. At the end of 2009, I want to have only 2 years left of part time work to get this degree.
4. Keep up with technology. Don’t forget that I have a day job and with the technology landscape changing so much, its important for me to keep myself up on the current trends.
5. Get plenty of sleep every night. 7 hours minimum would be a great goal to stay up on. The better rested I am, the more productive I will be, and the better I will be in hockey.
6. Never forget your friends and family. I am content with spending many nights at home relaxing. While it is nice to do that every now and again, its just as good to spend time with my friends and family.
7. Take good care of my knees. With the knee pain and discomfort I had this year, I have to continue to take good care of my knees. After all, when they go, my rec hockey career is done.
I think that just about does it right there.
I just pulled out my main computer and packed the motherboard in a box to send back to EVGA. My poor board decided to croak and I need an RMA replacement which is very depressing. Still, its nice that I have a RMA to take advantage of.
My eyes are pretty heavy after a long day of work and doing this computer project. That and I didn’t sleep REALLY well last night. I am going to crash soon.